Thursday, November 12, 2009

Chapter 35

Andi and Kris were back in Pittsburgh and both were back to the real world. Andi was working and Kris was back to playing. The fans were thrilled that Kris was back on the ice and so were his teammates. Andi was also getting used to have Luc at daycare and Luc loved being around other kids.

Life was back to normal until Andi started to feel nauseous one day at work but she thought nothing of it because they were cleaning the arena for a game and she thought it was the fumes getting to her. Andi finally left work that day and headed to pick up Luc from daycare because Kris has some interview with the NHL network.

When Andi picked up Luc he was happy to see her.

"Hey little guy, how's my man?" Andi asked Luc who was giggling and smiling.
Luc just continued to coo and then the teacher said, "He was really good today and ate really well, Mrs. Letang".
"Thanks so much, Ms. Jessica. You are so good with him and the other babies in here and he loves being here" Andi said as she got Luc and his stuff together and then headed out.

When Andi got back home, she started feeling nauseous again. So she set Luc down on the floor of the bedroom and ran into the bathroom and threw up. Andi felt her forehead and she did not feel hot and then it hit her as she looked in the mirror.

"No this is crazy but then again its totally possible. O brother" Andi sighed and then walked back over to Luc and sat down next to him.
"So little guy what do you think about being a big brother" Andi asked Luc who was busy playing his blanket.
Andi continued to think and talk out loud to Luc, "I wonder what your dad is going to think about the possibility of another baby Letang".
"I think that would be wonderful" Kris said and Andi turned to see Kris standing in the doorway of their bedroom.
"Holy moly, you surprised me" Andi said shaking her head.
"Sorry about that but I figured I better answer since you were talking about me" Kris said as he went and sat down next to Andi and he put his hand on her abdomen, "So you think you might be pregnant again?"
"Geez its possible but I will go to the doctor's later on this week and find out for certain" Andi said as she leaned her head on Kris's shoulder.
"If you are then this is wonderful and I am happy because being a dad is the greatest thing ever" Kris exclaimed as he smiled brightly.
"I agree with you, Kris, being a parent is amazing" Andi said as she lifted her head to look at Luc and smile.


Later on that week, Andi went to the doctor to find out if she was pregnant. The nurse has just taken her blood and she was waiting for the results. Finally the doctor walked back into the room.

"Mrs. Letang you are pregnant" the doctor said as she wrote something in Andi's file.
"Wow that's cool" Andi said smiling.

As Andi left the doctor's office she headed to the Mellon arena to find Kris. The guys were practicing and Andi went to the door to the ice and caught the attention of Bill Guerin.

"Hey Andi, what can I do for you?" asked Bill.
"Can you get Kris for me please?" Andi asked sweetly.
"I think I can" Bill said as he shut the door and skated over to Kris and then Kris looked over and smiled and headed towards Andi.

"Hey beautiful" Kris said as he leaned down and kissed Andi's temple.
"Hey Hot Stuff" Andi said smiling at Kris.
"What do I owe this personal visit from my gorgeous wife?" Kris asked looking utterly amazing in his practice gear.
"I have news" Andi said and before she could say anything Kris just looked at her and grinned and pulled her into his arms and kissed her deeply.
"Ok we don't need to see that now" Max said as he walked by the two of them.
"Hey get over it Talbot, I am going to be a dad again so I need to celebrate with my wife" Kris exclaimed as he continued to hold Andi close.
"Congratulations" Max said smiling at Andi and Kris.
"Thanks Max" Andi said.

Later that day Kris, Andi and Luc had an enjoyable family evening together. They went for a walk around a nearby park. Kris pushed Luc in a baby swing while Andi decided to swing too. It was lots of fun just hanging out together.

That evening after Andi put Luc to bed, she came out and found Kris looking at a baby names book.

"So what names have you come up with for this little person" Andi said as she sat down next to Kris on the sofa.
"I don't know since we do not know if its a boy or a girl" Kris said as he looked at Andi.
"Do you want a boy or a girl this time?" asked Andi as she looked at Kris.
"I don't care truthfully" Kris said shrugging.
"I want a little girl since we have a boy but if its a boy I am fine with that too" Andi said.
"Yeah a little girl would be wonderful and she will not date until she is 30 and has a career" Kris joked.
"Kris, you are hilarious" laughed Andi.
"Hey I am going to be protective if it is a girl. I just want our children to be happy and successful".
"I understand and like the way you think, darling".
"Good then let's watch the Islanders and Rangers game tonight because I need to see what we have to deal with for our game against the Rangers" Kris said and so he turned on the tv as he and Andi snuggled together.

No comments:

Post a Comment